Tuesday, March 12, 2013

4 words

There are 4 words that every girl loves to hear...
"Did you lose weight?"

Those are the 4 words that turned my day around today!  And they were not even spoken to me by someone who was close to me.  I think that even made it mean more. This person didn't know I was slaving away at the gym with an injured foot because I didn't want to break my newly formed habit.  She didn't know that I was literally starving myself 3 days a week on a fad diet I found online.  And she certainly didn't know how her four simple words would impact my day!

February 21, 2013
BEFORE PHOTO
I started running again and going to the gym in mid-February.  Part of it was because I guy I'd just met was really into being healthy and I wanted to impress him and the other part was because I was just sick of being fat.  Let's face it... there just comes a point when you've have enough, right?  Well the boy disappeared (that's a story for another post) but my will and desire to reach my goal didn't.  I am going to be thinner.  I've been overweight for my entire life... well for as long as I can remember!  There is a photo at my parents house of me and my younger brother.  We're lying on the floor in the family room of our first house and I don't even recognize the little girl.  She is super skinny, it couldn't possibly be me!!  But at some point, there was a thinner version of myself and now I'm on a quest to find her again!  To the right is my "before" photo... hopefully, through this blog, I can chronicle my journey so when I look back, I can see how far I've come.  And who knows... maybe I'll inspire someone else!

I'm not new to the diet scene... if there is a diet out there, I've most likely tried it!  I had the most success with Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig.  WW worked for a little and then I reached a plateau.  JC was great because there was no planning or thinking.  I just followed a menu and ate their pre-made frozen meals.  The issue is the price tag!  I'm barely able to pay my mortgage right now (again... another future blog post) so paying over $100 on food per week is not an option. So, I started the "military diet" last Monday (a week and a day ago) in order to help jumpstart my weight loss.  We all know that success is motivating so I needed something to give me success so I could forge on!  At the end of the 3-day diet, I had lost 5.5 lbs.  I was ecstatic! I ate healthy for the next 4 days and was able to maintain my weight loss.  So I started the 3-day diet again yesterday and have completed 2 days.  I can't wait for Thursday morning to see what this week's result yield.

This 4 words are definitely going to keep me going when I feel like giving up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment